Expert in reviewing water systems.
A History of Innovation
When Emmett J. Culligan founded the Culligan Zeolite Company in 1936, it was with the idea of making conditioned water available to homeowners. He not only pioneered new water treatment methods, but based his business on a service model and established a network of franchises, a strategy that helped the company grow far beyond the Northbrook, IL community where it was founded.
With the founding of the company came the Culligan brand, one that has grown from local word-of-mouth acknowledgement to national recognition, thanks to print ads premiering in Life Magazine in 1947 and radio commercials introducing Hey Culligan Man!® in 1958. As our recognition grew, franchises expanded, and product lines broadened, we changed our name to reflect our growth, first to Culligan, Inc. in 1952, followed by Culligan International Company in 1970.
In the years since, Culligan has evolved into a world leader, creating innovations that have helped shape the water industry while setting standards for quality improvement and customer service. In 2007, our headquarters moved to a new building in Rosemont, IL with the only state-of-the-art analytical laboratory certified by the State of Illinois EPA to be compliant with National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Conference standards, setting the stage for new advancements and future growth. In 2008, we reinforced our commitment to making the world a safer place to live by introducing new products with improved efficiencies that are better for the environment.
Today, Culligan is proud to have provided world-class service and innovative water treatment solutions for the last 80 years, from the simplest filtration system to complex industrial water solutions.
Culligan High-Efficiency (HE) Water Softener System – Simply considered as the popular choice based on consumer reports, the High-Efficiency model is truly a revolutionary device that sets a trend with the way water is being softened today. This system is designed to provide whole house water softening along with filtration capabilities that work to remove chlorine, rust causing molecules, and dirt. This extends the lifespan of appliances and makes them more efficient, results in better tasting water, reduces salt and electricity consumption, and utilizes an automated brine tank and meter to make sure that the system is operating in an efficient manner. The system will even give you a rough idea of how many days of salt remain in the tank so that you know when to replenish it. Included in the design is the non-corrosive one-inch valve with six cycles, motorized pistons, a high impact tank with four-layer design that can withstand UV rays, and corrosion-proof components. The system has Cullex resin media that consists of high-grade quartz underbedding.
This Culligan High-Efficiency Water Softener System comes with a unique patented smart technology which allows any user to save on water, salt, and electric power while the device performs 46% better compared to other devices. And here are the other benefits that you can enjoy while having this HE Water Softener Technology:
- Tank size: 1.0-3.0 ft3
- Significantly lessen your water, salt, and electric consumption
- Will actually indicate how long will your softening salt last
- Offers customizable options to adjust the level of hardness in water
- Gives you full on control of soft water that is being supplied in your home
- Sends an automatic report to your Culligan Man so you won’t have to worry about scheduling for another appointment
- Enables your appliances to be more efficient
Water Softener Benefits
Culligan water softeners offer several advantages, including:
- Cleaner dishes: When your glasses, dishes, and silverware are washed with softened water they come out sparkling and free of spots.
- Soft Hair & Skin: Bathing with soft water makes the skin and hair feel silky-soft, and soaps and shampoos lather easier.
- Brighter Colors and Whiter Whites: Washing your laundry with soft water protects it from coming in contact with the hard water minerals that make laundry dingy. Your clothes will stay brighter and softer longer.
- Long Lasting Appliances: A water softener can help prolong the life of your water-using appliances by reducing the buildup of hard water minerals in your washing machine, water heater, coffee makers and more.
- Easier Housework: Water softeners eliminate the minerals that cause lime scale and soap scum buildup on your shower walls and plumbing fixtures.
- Save Energy: Your water-using appliances will be able to run more efficiently when they are free of mineral deposits caused by hard water. This means you will save on your power bill.
The Culligan HE Water Softener offers patented smart technology:
- Culligan’s proportional brining allows your softener to regenerate only that part of the resin bed that has been exhausted, reducing its salt usage.
- Automatic bypass valve provides the convenience of bypassing the water softener from the softener itself or the remote display.
- Patented Culligan Aqua-Sensor® technology automatically adjusts to changes in water conditions so the softener only regenerates when needed, saving you salt, water, and money.
- Our smart brine tank automatically monitors salt levels and tells you how many days of salt are remaining.
- Exclusive Culligan Soft-Minder® meter monitors daily water use and provides advanced system diagnostics.
- The easy-to-read backlit display with digital clock lets you know your softener is working and alerts you to any system malfunctions.
- Culligan’s Dial-a-Softness® Valve allows you to customize the “feel” of your water, so it never feels too soft or too hard.
- Optional remote display makes it possible to control and monitor your softener from virtually anywhere in your home.
- Optional modem can alert Culligan dealership if salt is needed or softener needs service.
- Exclusive, non-corrosive valve with six cycles. The motorized pistons provide more reliability than rotary valve systems.
- High-impact Quadra-Hull® Tank stands up to outdoor use with a four-layer design that resists UV rays, rust, and corrosion.
- Limited lifetime warranty. Warranties available separately. See written warranties for applicable terms and conditions.
- Long-lasting brine tank with corrosion-proof components and Dubl-Safe brine refill control assure proper operation.
- CULLEX® resin media: Assures stability and long life.
- High-grade quartz underbedding evenly distributes water to maximize flow rates.
Greg Chick Water Treatment Systems Contributing Editor
Chick has worked as an entrepreneur for over 40 years with a background in plumbing, irrigation, pools and water heating. He is a member of Green Plumbers USA, International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials and American Society of Plumbing Engineers. Greg works to educate residential consumers about quality plumbing products.
Culligan is dedicated to treating water for a range of buildings and customers. The company was founded in 1936, and they serve clients who need water treatment worldwide.
- Wide range of clients: Culligan does not just serve residential customers; they also treat water for large office complexes, restaurants, industrial buildings and more.
- Overnight shipping: Customers who want to test their water to see if they need Culligan's services can send the water back overnight at the expense of the company.
- Specialty testing: The company is equipped for specialty water testing, which may be needed should a customer have access to a well or non-municipal water source.
- Online appointment scheduling: The Culligan website offers convenient and easy online appointment scheduling.
- Social responsibility: The business is dedicated to giving back to the community, and they participate regularly in global relief programs after disasters. For example, the company delivered bottled water to the East Coast after Hurricane Sandy, brought clean water to Moore, Oklahoma after the devastating 2013 tornadoes and provided bottled water and hands on relief efforts after Typhoon Haiyan in the Phillippines.
- Best for Homeowners with hard water, homeowners near a compromised water supply, developers or managers managing large commercial properties and rural customers using well water.